Monday, November 9, 2009

Former Launceston Bank for Savings


The former Launceston Bank for Savings was built in 1938 by local born architect, Roy Smith who built several modernist commercial and private dwellings throughout Launceston and Tasmania. Since this photo has been taken the shop has been repainted a cream colour and the vacant block to the left of the photograph is now a new health clinic. The business has a conjoined house to the back in the same style. The window details, especially at the rear of the premises have many nice features.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews