Thursday, January 7, 2010

Art Deco Offices - Hobart



This Art Deco building on the corner of Davey & Murray Street was erected in 1937. The building forms part of what is referred to as 'Parliament Square'. Many of the buildings are being sold off, whilst other Modernist gems such as 10 Murray Street (viewable in the photograph in the background to the left) are planned to be demolished.

Plans show that the Art Deco office block had top level floors added in the latter part of the 20th Century and these are set to be removed as part of the development. Note the interesting door entrance details and the sweeping curve at the corner of the building, as well as steal frame windows.

To view more photographs of Art Deco Buildings in Tasmania click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews