Monday, January 4, 2010

Former Devonport Hospital


The former Devonport Hospital is a fascinating Modernist design. I was there at the wrong time of the day to get a good photograph of the front facade. It sweeps in a U shape and there are balconies on each of the 3 stories. From what I have read, the complex was planned to be converted into apartments as early as 2004. As one drives past there are high security gates erected and the bulk of the building stands in a vandalized state. A very interesting building that would make a great conversion. Watch this space, as I'll try and post some images of the front facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews