Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ulverstone Church 1950s style


This church was an amazing sight to behold whilst on the pursuit of modernist architecture to photograph throughout Tasmania's West Coast. Although quite a small town, Ulverstone has many modernist gems, that include Hobbs Parade Bridge in 1960s style, and as you head over the bridge there is a flower bed with a period 1950s signage with the name of the park. There are a few modernist churches in town, but this has to be the stand out with the entrance column standing tall and imposing. The geometric brick work on the main building with its gaps is typical of this period of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews