Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Impressive 1960s design - Launceston


In the rows of "stock-standard" 1960s homes in any given town or city in Tasmania there are always those that stand out from the crowd. This residential home is a case in point. The interesting awning that sweeps around the front of the building is eye-catching and stunning and is seen well before arriving at the home. It's disc shape continues from the front entrance and is the homes roof. A roof as a feature too, I like it! The same goes for the fence and the well maintained garden. I could well imagine the home in a magazine from the 1960s, "a new modern way of living" it could have read.

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting & captivating example of house architecture inspired from the 1960s flying saucers craze era films!- the round roof is the spaceship, and the decorative fences resemble its antennas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a house along alanvale road in launceston, i have worked there, where the house is entirely round in a similar style

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews