Sunday, June 20, 2010

Steam & Boiler Plant - Royal Derwent Hospital


 Whilst the Royal Derwent Hospital closed down in 2000, the large boiler block designed in the 1950s still stands, dominating with it's high brick facade and towering chimney stack.  On the side of the building there is a sign (that now looks quite old itself) informing people that the building is for sale.  I would be interested to know how this building could be adaptively reused?  A highrise 1950s style apartment conversion perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews