Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Art Deco/Gothic Duncan House Launceston to have original windows repaired


The wodnerful Gothic Art Deco "Duncan House" in Launceston CBD is one of the earliest Art Deco buildings in Launceston having been designed in the early 1930s.

Over the past couple of weeks scaffolding was being erected on the facade and side of the building; with the original steel frame windows being removed.  Features like original windows and doors really make a period building and these were being replaced with modern aliminum windows.  I was going to at least salvage some of the original windows if there were going to be thrown out so I went and asked one of the builders about them.  But good news, I was informed that all the original windows are being temporarly removed so that they can be repainted and the rust removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews