Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Beyond the Facade // Enter 10 Murray Street



This is my latest edit I have just added to my 10 Murray Street project. Most people probably remember 10 Murray Street from the exterior views.  But the views as you walked off the street and into 10 Murray Street was just as fascinating in terms of period design details.  There are so many period 1960s design elements in this one scene - lavish use of concrete, aluminium, carpet and walls lined with terrazzo.  I loved the way the staircase material finish continued on into the lobby area.  The entire entry was like a fortress, like standing behind and underneath a roaring waterfall - an immense sense of the bold grandeur comes over me as I looked upwards and outwards, yet being in this cocooned darkness was like a refuge away from the windy exposed street...and this is all before you even enter inside proper! The 10 Murray Street project has been an immense undertaking logistically, emotionally and photographically. I have amassed a large library of photographs I have still to process, documenting the exterior and interior spaces for over the past decade. Join me on my journey of a Modernist landmark. Project Gallery www.tryanphotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews