Thursday, April 29, 2010

Petrol Station & Gararge No More


This former petrol station owned and operated as part of a farm block on Tasmania's East Coast is now a fading memory. There were many such buildings that farmers used to operate, but like many independent owned petrol stations & Garages around Tasmania, there are few and far between. The things I like about the scene are the flowers popping up out of the concrete, as if to show that life goes on. Also the petrol tank to the left that still has the "super" label on it, the lead petrol that stopped production many years ago now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews