Monday, April 11, 2011

Sawtooth Design Continued - Launceston Industrial Architecture

Continuing the theme of last weeks Burnie post I give you another example of sawtooth design, this time at an Industrial site in Launceston. This week's photograph highlights a close-up of sawtooth architecture showing the windows placed at each interval to let light flood inside. Just like the Burnie post from last week, this sawtooth Industrial piece of architecture is also at risk and its future remains uncertain.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot, these sort of rooves always remind me of eatern bloc countries. They make good use of the natural light these windows allow in the stone building at Inveresk art school. It also meant that it was hard to tell what time of day it was!

    Which building is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the roofing design in fascinating and beautiful, they form part of the former Roberts Woolsheds.

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews