Sunday, September 4, 2011

State Library of Tasmania - Hoabrt Glass Curtain wall


Readers of my blog may remember seeing my photos and posts of the Hobart State Library, Hobart. Here are another few shots from my collection of what is a fascinating building. This design was one of the earliest glass curtain wall designs in Hobart city and Tasmania. The reflections of the clouds and skies upon the glass provide exciting photographic opportunities and I never tire of viewing this interesting and in-tact example of post war Modernism.

To view more photographs of Hobart Art Deco & Modernist Architecture click here


2 comments:

  1. Cool! I am guessing that the glass curtain wall was used to maximise the natural light for visitors and staff in the library. When was the building completed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, the building is dated at 1960.

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews