About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents 20th Century Modernism throughout Tasmania. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism through the camera lens. Art Deco, Inter-war, Post War, Brutalism,are just some of the styles I document in this fascinating period in Tasmania's built history.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website, Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

St Helens Beach Home


I love mid 20th century beach homes, their often modest in size, built in interesting materials and are a joy to still be able to see in coastal towns throughout Tasmania.  This particlar design in the east coast township of St Helens uses vertical overlapping timber boards and has its original windows intact.

1 comment:

  1. I rather like that house. Would it have been the family's primary home or do you believe it was their summer holiday home on the beach? The reason I ask because the east coast towns can be a bit cold and wind-blown in winter, and timber might not be a warm building material.

    ReplyDelete