Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Great Pyramid - Flats in Tasmania


When you think of Tasmania and homes, flat dwellings are probably not the first thing that come to you mind.  But towns and cities around Tasmania have quite a number of residential blocks ranging from 3-4 levels, with Hobart containing the tallest structures.  Hobart has a wide variety of flats from Art Deco, Mid Century and the latter part of the 20th Century, as is this example circa late 1970s/early 80s.

Such buildings remind us of our past, but are relevant in today's context with issues of supporting population growth, and urban sprawl and livability.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews