Saturday, August 11, 2018

Woolsheds & Silos Project // Distant Memory


As much as I up close to the woolsheds and silos, finding views from afar to provide context were always fun and provided a new way to view a familiar scene. The views from the suburb of Trevallyn between houses and trees was amazing.  Finding new vantage points became an obsessive pursuit! I enjoy these kinds of views of familiar subjects, they provide scene context to the main subject.  When I captured this image in 2015 the once large scale industrial site of Gunns Mill had been demolished and Bunnings Warehouse was still be completed. Check out my story and photographs published in the latest August issue of Australian Photography magazine. The story features a project I have been working on now for over 10 years in Launceston, Tasmania....I hope it inspires you to get out there and undertake a long terms project, the rewards are endless. Available now in newsagents and online for download

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews