Thursday, September 6, 2018

Another Willow Court Building Destroyed by Fire



Today I edit one of my photographs from Willow Court // Royal Derwent Hospital project in tribute to the loss of yet another important piece of our Modernist heritage. Today Ward G was burnt down after a deliberately lit fire. The building dated from the 1930s and will now be demolished. I have documented the Willow Court // Royal Derwent Hospital as a long term project as its an important part of Tasmania's history and there has to be a record of high quality images that document the site for posterity so that future generations can understand what once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews