Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tasmanian 20th Century has a new Home!




This year marks 10 years since starting my blog about Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism. Over this time I’ve produced over 400 blog posts, travelled thousands of kilometres making photographs in the pursuit of telling the story of Tasmanian Modernism.

The work I’ve undertaken of raising awareness of this period of Tasmanian design has been shared through my blog, website and social media channels.  It’s funny to think that Instagram wasn’t even a thing when I started blogging. My work from this project has also been published in publications including magazines, academic books as well as well as radio and newspaper interviews.

I have been using the Blogger platform for 10 years to share these stories about my passion for Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism.  In early 2019 I reworked my entire website creating a fresh modern platform to share my vast artistic and commercial portfolios. This new direction has provided me with the inputs to continue creating new content for my Tasmanian Modernism project and the ability to integrate it into my new website creates a strong design “flow” showcasing all my work in one location.

One of my goals for 2019 for the Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism project is going through my catalogue and remastering photographs I've taken including new interpretations of old photographs. Over the past decade I've learnt so much creatively and technically about the craft of photography and about Tasmanian Modernism. It will be a joy to look back upon and reinterpret my portfolio of images.

As I begin the process of editing the project photographs I’ll be posting them onto my new website dedicated to the Tasmanian Modernism project. Here you will find all my project photos categorised into galleries relating to their use such as industry, commercial and Government etc. I have also created a section titled “In Focus” which showcases large scale and/or long term projects I've worked on that have more than just a few photographs. The website at present has just launched, coupled with remastering my huge back catalogue. In time I hope for the website and blog to provide a wonderful resource for everything relating to Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism.

Thank you for all your support over the last 10 years, it's been a wonderful journey so far, and I'm excited for what's to come. Remember to follow me on Instagram and Facebook too.

This will be my final post on this platform.  To carry on viewing the new Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism blog click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews