Saturday, June 26, 2010

J Minty & Co Sheetmetal Workers

This corker of a 1960s design is located on the outskirts of the Hobart Central Business District.  It looks like you could have walked straight into a 1960s set. This commercial building, it's a very interesting 1960s design, with elaborate use of glass and steel frame "curtain wall" design, typical of the period, allowing ample natural light into the workspace. The main advertising that jutts out from the center of the building  is a period piece in itself with the custom made "Minty's" logo featuring boldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews