Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stunning Back Alley Deco Detailing - Launceston

Every now and again I am struck where Modernist design can be found. Such was the case with this wonderful chrome door detailing in Launceston.
The main building was built in the Victorian period, built around the 1930/40s the side entry door down a small alleyway was added and has many Art Deco features including a motif that wouldn't like out of place on a period car and door lock that are all still in tact. It always makes me smile when I find such hidden gems.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. When I saw the door detailing, I immediately felt a similarity to a chrome scent bottle at: http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.com/2011/02/art-deco-objects-and-hollywood-glamour.html

    Totally different material, different object, different country but same date and same Deco inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GREAT doors, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews