Saturday, October 22, 2011

Historic Hobart Princes Wharf No 2 Demolished

Princes Wharf No 2 (right) has been demolished, this photograph was taken just week prior to it's demolition.


Several 20th Century wharf buildings dot Hobart’s waterfront precinct and are interesting examples of 20th Century Industrial design.  Several still remain intact, but this week Princes Wharf No 2 was demolished to make way for a new project to house scientific marine research. I plan to highlight the other wharf buildings that dot the area, so stay tuned for future posts.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like something that could be easily adapted to any use. Unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT ARE YOU LOT DOING DOWN THERE?????

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews