Monday, January 27, 2014

1960s Devonport Police Station demolished


Last year I posted a blog on the 1960s designed Devonport Police Station.  At the time of taking the photograph a new police station was being built to replace this one.  I remember then wondering if it would be reused or demolished.  In October of 2013 the entire complex was demolished.  Where the station stood is now turf, and to the rear is empty - used for more car parking.

I've noticed that over the period I've been documenting this period how many buildings have been demolished.  In future posts I plan to bring more posts that highlight wonderful Modernist designs and buildings that have been lost in Tasmania as well as possibly creating a gallery on my website dedicated to buildings that are no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews