Saturday, December 30, 2017

Henty House // Look Up


Have you ever looked up and marvelled at the details of the landmark Henty House? This is one of my latest photographs I recently made from my ongoing project documenting Henty House and Tasmanian Modernism. I love the challenge of travelling around Tasmania and photographing all kinds of architecture, but Henty House has something special. I reckon it's because all of its facades have visual appeal and the ability to be able to walk around freely to each side is special. Many buildings there are particular sides of the building that stand to be seen whilst other sides are hidden away and perform a functional purpose. I can think of a few buildings that have this quality of being able to photograph from all sides that include the now doomed 10 Murray Street and the former grain silos at Inveresk. I reckon Henty House would be up there for one of my most photographed buildings. I am always surprised to find new perspectives and lighting to capture photographs of this wonderful design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews