Tuesday, August 10, 2010

University of Tasmania Morris Miller Library #3

The University of Tasmania Library is currently undergoing redevelopment, but the majority of the building is still largely in its original state. The windows throughout the building are red and clear glass panels; a feature that is carried out though many of the campus buildings.

The interior staircase is an impressive feature made with a range of elements including linoleum, steel iron work and plastic and concrete. All these elements come together to form a functional yet pleasing design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews