Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wentworth House - Launceston

This small example of Modernist design is to be found in Launceston and its style reminds me of many buildings from a similar period from England.  It must be the colour of the brick work and the sand aggregate used on the upper part of the building as there is a of this colour used in the UK.  The vertical bands at eye level are made up of pebbles and concrete and I enjoy the symmetry created by the four vertical bands and the horizontal windows...and of course as I have a love of typeface, I loved the "Wentworth House" logo as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews