Tuesday, February 25, 2014

20th Century Staircase Project - Tasmania


I love stairs, especially 20th century staircases.  Over the years I have travelled wide and far in search of mid 20th century staircases in a photographic project documenting these structures we use to walk up and down, and sometimes just take the time to gaze upwards at these marvels of design.  I am in the process of sorting through my vast collection and bring them to you in a project aptly named "20th Century Staircases"

1 comment:

  1. I might have thought that staircases were functional rather than beautiful, until spouse and I visited a 19th century pub in western Tasmania. The pub itself was lovely, but the staircase, imported from the UK, was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews