Saturday, March 1, 2014

Burnie Paper Mill memory - Industrial Burnie


It strange to document a location in the knowledge that the buildings I photograph that have stood for decades will disappear like they never had existed.  When I documented the Burnie Paper Mill it was months before it would close down for good.  There were many industrial 20th Century buildings that made the Burnie Paper mill, but now many have been demolished, including this building.  The lone interior stood with a feeling of emptiness as I photographed this section, this space along with many others is now only a memory, having been demolished.  To view my photographic project on the former Burnie Paper mill site check out my websit here http://www.tryanphotos.com/Projects/Former-Burnie-Paper-Mill

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the project

Join me (Thomas Ryan Photography) on a photographic project documenting Tasmanian 20th Century Modernism from the 1930's to the 1980's. The entire project gallery of 1000+ images and counting can be viewed on my website www.tryanphotos.com under art projects. I have been undertaking this project for over a decade.

My portfolio of commercial and art projects can be seen on my website www.tryanphotos.com and I can be contacted here as well. All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan Photography. Unauthorised use is prohibited. Contact me for all enquires

Total Pageviews